P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

21 March 2015

In Search of Spring

  It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Rumour has it Spring arrived last evening at 6:45.  I don't think I slept through it...in fact I am pretty sure I drove through it...and there was snow on my windshield and mounds of icy piles of winter's leftovers at every turn.  We are inching toward Opening Day and you have to wonder when you look out the window whether the boys of summer will have to play with their snow cleats on. 


No doubt spring will surface--it has to be under there somewhere...spring is always a fleeting gift in New England...snow melts, air becomes soft as a kitten and then the next day a heat wave arrives.  So spring really is just a tease and when we do have those brief breaths of tulips and hyacinth we treasure them.  Until I can actually get down my front walk again I am off in search of spring...


Spring may in fact just be a state a mind...so dress the part! 


Jean Shrimpton in Christian Dior _ Photo by David Bailey, 1967 via 

Oscar de la Renta Spring/Summer 2015 via
 
  All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.  Helen Hayes
If you cannot find spring in your backyard...head to an indoor garden, greenhouse
or a favorite flower shop ...


...and always bring Spring IN!


Listen...

Spring may not be visible but you can hear it coming!


No matter what falls from the sky I WILL put my boots away... and I will park the shovels wayyy in the back of the garage. In their place, in what was once a lovely mudroom and now looks like a DPW holding, I will place a hopeful pair of Jack and Lilly inspired hand painted sandals from


Spring may in fact just be a figment of our imagination this year...but with every drip of ice, tweet of a bird and rise in temperature I will put away mittens and puffy jackets and fuzzy boots and celebrate the season come what may!

via
   "In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours." Mark Twain