P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

26 December 2017

A Breath Between


As New Year's Eve approaches we all start the annual rear view mirror exercise...and then we search for our crystal balls to see what will come. Not sure after 2017 I want that crystal ball.  What results- some regrets, some smiles, some sadness, tons of worry and fear tossed in too... As hardly a day went by in 2017 when we didn't find ourselves in complete and total  disbelief and now we step oh so gingerly into a new year with a whole lot of "what nows".  That's a lot to take in before midnight chimes. The month of December is one BIG blur.  It seems as if sometime around Halloween someone shouts GO! and away we're off to the races.  It's a whirlwind of plans, events, deadlines, GET IT DONES,  fires to put out just in the "Nick" of time... and a snowstorm of shopping bags, ribbon, stamps,cards, packages,flour,sugar,sprinkles, twinkles and...


 That is why I adore this week best of all.  The time between when all I need to think about, at least for today, is where my book is and whether I should watch Season Two of The Crown , The Marvelous (and it truly is!)Mrs. Maisel or read the gi-normous pile of books by my bedside that seem to  have been there since the summer...or maybe I'll knit a hat-giant pompom and all??? Sure there is mail to open, bills to be paid, dusting and laundry, closets and cupboards to clean out for donation boxes and...but for this week I'm taking my time in  between!  2018 will be here soon enough and with it a world spiraling and we will all need to be involved and CARE!  The New Year will come with us all walking without a steady road beneath us and with a whole new list of "DO ITS".   So while the phones and email are relatively still I will be too...No looks back, no projecting forward, just today.  Enjoy the time in between...comes but just once a year!  ...and may the New Year bring peace to all!