P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

28 July 2016

Down the Bunny Hole-Happy Birthday Beatrix Potter


Yesterday as I walked around the sad and thirsty gardens of Camp MP, bemoaning my hayfield like lawns, I literally stumbled upon a hole.  I fumed at the state of the gardens and the mess that was once a front lawn that gets fed and nurtured better than I do.  Weeks of hot weather and no rain and a water ban have left things in a sorry state.  Then I saw that there is a hole in the lawn...not a little hole but a HOLE.  What on earth has happened...it looked as if a small meteor had landed smack dab in the center of the front lawn.  I walked over and kicked at it a bit grumbling to myself...what to do now???  As I started to walk away I heard a bit of a rustle...




As I glanced back a hopping blur sped by...then one by one... hop by hop... I met my new neighbors.  Hop...hophophop.  Hop...hophophop.  Hop...hophophop.  Out they came.  Bunnies!...little baby bunnies are making their home at Camp MP!


What a nice surprise...Yes, they are going to grow up and nibble away at the beds but on this Beatrix Potter's 150th Birthday I welcome their little ears and noses and imagine how they have decorated their bunny hole down my front lawn.  A lovely rabbit hole may indeed come in handy this political season.  Happy Birthday Beatrix and welcome to the new kids on the block!


"We cannot stay home all our lives, we must present ourselves to the world and we must look upon it as an adventure."

"Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were--Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter."
Beatrix Potter