P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

27 December 2015

Not Back, Not Forward, Just the Time Between!


As New Year's Eve approaches we start the annual rearview mirror exercise...and then we search for our crystal balls to see what will come. What results- some regrets, some smiles, some sadness and a whole lot of "what nows".  That's a lot to take in before midnight chimes. The month of December is one BIG blur...it seems as if sometime around Halloween someone fires off a starting shot and away we go.  It's a whirlwind of plans, events, deadlines, GET IT DONES,  fires to put out just in the "Nick" of time... and a snowstorm of shopping bags, ribbon, stamps,cards, packages,flour,sugar,sprinkles, twinkles and... That is why I adore this weekend best of all.  The time between when all I need to think about, at least for today, is where my book is and whether I should watch a meaningless Pats game or revisit the past season of Downton Abbey before the finale season begins.  Sure there is mail to open, bills to be paid, dusting and laundry, and...but for this weekend I'm taking my time in  between!  2016 will be here soon enough with a whole new list of DO ITS so while the phones and email are relatively still I will be too...No looks back, no projecting forward, just today.  Enjoy the time in between...comes but just once a year!  ...and may the New Year bring peace to all!