P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

03 July 2010

Stripes...and Stripes Forever!

Vintage Vogue 1950s


This July 4th the stripes are the stars!

Stripes are everywhere this season...and I am in love as always wth the clean crisp classic "take me on your yacht"  nautical style...the look is timeless

Coco Chanel

I am and always will be a Blue and White girl and that means Breton Stripes...named for Brittany (France, not Spears!!) because of the traditional French seamen uniform and adopted by Coco Chanel who brought it to fashion icon status...where it remains today. Come Visit The Shopping Bag Chronicles


Oh...and you can bet that Breton Stripes are on my needles as well--Come Visit Winding Yarn

Have a Stripey 4th!!!