P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

05 August 2018

What Wilma Wore


"Fashions fade, style is eternal." Yves Saint Laurent

"A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes." Vera Wang

With August came the Triple H threat-Hazy, HOT, and oh my birds nest hair, Humid!  

Since I'm not at the beach and I have to go out there- despite every instinct telling me to stay inside with a book, I dress to fool myself into cool,wearing whatever will hang loosely, not stick to me, and float along with me all day.

As I zip by a mirror and catch a  drop of perspiration, I glance at who I have been dressing like day in and  day out as the thermostat rises...she never was one of my main fashion muses but perhaps she had a bigger impression on my fashion eye than I thought as I come to the surprising conclusion that- Everything I know about how to dress in summer I learned from... Wilma Flintstone! Highly unlikely Audrey and Wilma ever found themselves in the same couturier fitting room, but there it is in my mirror-Wilma style!

1.  Simple, not a lot of fussy fabric
2.  Light colors-No LBD in Wilma's summer closet I guess
3. Show some shoulder
4. Pile your hair high up on top of your head
3. Bare arms-do we think Wilma had a trainer?
4. Bare legs-cannot even imagine what waxing would be like in BC
5. Bare feet-natch no Jack Rogers in the Stone Age
6. Oh and of course a Simple Strand of ...Pearls

Thanks Wilma  Be cool!