P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

25 November 2016

Oy with the Poodles Already! Skipping the Sales...Staying Put in Stars Hollow


" I can be flexible, As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I'm totally flexible."

I am not a fan of Black Friday or Cyber Monday or any Sale that insists I must shop NOW or will miss the best sale ever...til tomorrow.  Retail Therapy can be the best but no way will you find me camped out waiting for any retail door to open.  I am skipping all the sale noise and choosing to stay put...in Stars Hollow!  Gilmore Girls is back!!!


This weekend Netflix premieres 4 new episodes of Gilmore Girls, almost 10 years since the end of the beloved series.   True confession-I did not see Gilmore Girls in its original run from 2000-2007.  I have Netflix to thank for making me a Gilmore Girl.  From episode 1 I was hooked and binge-watched , and re-watched, my way through 6 1/4 seasons ...then I stopped.  I could not watch any further because I did not want the series to end-ever!  ( I have since finished it this week in prep for the new episodes)  That is how much in love I fell with Stars Hollow, Lorelai and Rory and all the precious characters that swirled around them...each with their own quirky, wacky, silly ,charming influence on the day to day life of not only Stars Hollow, but our Gilmore Girls.  A Mother and Daughter who raise one another, hold one another and teach one another over piles of pizza boxes, Chinese food containers, candy wrappers, Pop Tarts, great movies and bad TV shows, lots and lots of books and endless mugs of coffee.

"I smell snow, can't you smell it?"  "Everything is magical when it snows. Everything looks pretty.  The clothes are great.  Coats, gloves, scarves, hats."

In over 156 episodes stuffed with snappy, popping, fast paced dialogue and banter, often filled with pop culture and current event references, the Gilmore Girls was, and is, a series about friendship and caring and community-don't we need that right now!!  Life in Stars Hollow is a celebration of the everyday, of the now, of the here. Yes that is funny, and silly, and crazy, and warm and fuzzy, and sad.  But Stars Hollow teaches us most especially to care even through our cynicism. 


  "That's all any of us wants, to find someone nice to hang out with us 'til we drop dead.  
Not a lot to ask for."

At its heart and soul,however, Gilmore Girls is a story about Mothers and Daughters and the very real, very flawed, very messy, and very funny, way we deal with one another.  It's a series about love that centers on very strong, smart, opinionated, force to be reckoned with women in Lorelai, Rory and Emily Gilmore. So many questions about Lorelei and Rory-where they are, their loves, their lives, and their losses.   With the real life loss of Edward Hermann ,who portrayed Richard Gilmore, Lorelai's Dad, there is that sad line to deal with along with Luke and Lorelai's relationship, Rory's choices and career path, and Emily Gilmore's force in it all.  But for me,  Gilmore Girls will always be a celebration of what it is to be a daughter-and how lucky I am to be one!  

  "Life's short...talk fast."

Oh, and if you really need to shop this weekend-here are some fave
 Gilmore Girl inspired ideas -found on Etsy!!