P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

11 June 2016

I've Got a Crush on You...House Dreams


There are days as I meander around Camp Moneypit and see the projects that I MUST undertake while imagining those that I so want to see happen that I wonder....is it time to start anew???  I easily could be a professional house hunter.  Not a real estate agent, but just someone who spends each day house hunting... poking in and out of fabulous jewel boxes, or like my Camp Moneypit, jewel boxes that are hiding under tons of neglect.  I adore popping in and out of Open Houses, rearranging the furniture, stripping them down to the good bones in my head, redesigning and bringing them back to life and then some.  I do love my nest, but I have never stopped house hunting and every so often one stops me in my tracks...and starts me dreaming.


This week just such a spot popped up on one of my favorite places to house hunt...CIRCA.  If you have never visited this site-RUN and sign onto their newsletter....a treasure trove of wonderful historic properties for sale...not to be missed!   


THIS beauty is located in Quogue New York.  6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms and 4500 sq. feet of Magic for just under $5 million :)  The house was purchased in 1936, according to the listing details, by the Duchess of Richelieu who added her French style by moving an 18th century grist mill to the property  along with two old barns to create a U design... like every gracious French Country house.


The Duchess would later add a 1700s ice house to create a guest cottage.  According to the listing "The home features hand hewn beams, original diamond paned windows, brick & wide planked floors and four fireplaces."   Sigh!   You can see how this crush is deepening!


The house was renovated by the current owners between 2005-2007.  "Walls of windows & French doors integrate the indoor and outdoor living spaces…with all major rooms opening to private terraces & breathtaking views of the exquisite “three seasons” gardens."  Clearly great care was taken to showcase the glorious details of the structures while enhancing its charms and treasures.


 “Secret paths can be found behind gardens and gardens are found in secret places”  Drop me here!


Simply scrumptious!  Sorry Camp MP...I love you, but sometimes a girl just gets her head turned... I may start packing now!



All info and images via CIRCA