P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

14 February 2014

You Must Remember This! A Kiss is STILL a Kiss!

Casablanca 1942

"Kiss me.  Kiss me as if it were the last time"


Have you noticed kisses don't mean as much anymore.  When you watch a film these days how often is THE KISS just expected, ho-hum, gratuitous, superfluous and simply 

 an "it is  what it is " non-event.



Roman Holiday, 1953

 "You should be kissed and often, and 
by someone who knows how.” 
Rhett Butler

                                                                        An Affair to Remember, 1957

 

                          "I wasn't kissing her, 

I was whispering in her mouth" -Chico Marx


Lady and The Tramp, 1955

  “I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses 
that last three days.”
Bull Durham,1988

 How to Steal a Million, 1966

  I think it is sad that romance has disappeared---we know what's going to happen and  it is rarely worth the ticket price when it does. 


 Thomas Crown Affair,1968

 Maybe we have become jaded by too many kisses, too many scenes that are throw-aways, kisses that are just filling space.   Where's the spark, where's the heat, where's the  witty dialogue, where's the soaring music, the anticipation, the drama,  
The MOMENT. 
 I want THE MOMENT!

Summertime, 1955
So this Valentine's Day I am celebrating with some of my favorite on-screen smooches and some of 
the best kissy quotes -- 

Ball of Fire, 1941
 "I'm gonna show you what yum-yum is. Here's yum... 
And here's the other yum...And here's yum-yum."
 

 

To Catch a Thief, 1955

"I've been waiting all day for you to mention that kiss I gave you last night... "
"...Not only did I enjoy that kiss last night, I was awed by the efficiency behind it." 
 "Well, I'm a great believer of getting down to essentials."

The Way We Were, 1973

Hollywood listen up--take a lesson from classic films and don't just toss those kisses in wherever and whenever...save them, make them special... and give us back 
 THE MOMENT!  
 Come Visit Applause and have a  
Happy Valentine's Day!



 You've Got Mail, 1998



Princess Bride, 1987
 “Since the invention of the kiss there have been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind. The End.”