P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

07 February 2014

Goodnight Jay-The End of a Late Night Era.



"I don't like goodbyes.  NBC does...I don't care for them" and with that opening line to his last monologue Jay Leno's final Tonight Show's valentine began.  
In front of an audience of VIPs and dear friends who would serenade him with a "So long, Farewell" Jay Leno said goodbye to what he called "the best job in show business" and did what Jay Leno does better than anyone, he hosted the Tonight Show with wisecracks, grace, and an uncharacteristic emotional goodbye.  Calling himself the "luckiest guy in the world" Jay Leno stepped out of what was the most coveted job any comedian could ever have.  The Tonight Show for many of us will always mean Johnny Carson and there was a great deal of controversy when Jay took over after Johnny, but never from Jay.  He was the focal point of a swarm of show biz nonsense but he always remained centered, gracious, the consummate gentleman,truly a rarity in his business- a class act.



 "I don't need to be fired three times..I get the hint. I get the hint"


"Jay, you've made a whole lot of jokes about me over the years, but don't worry, I'm not upset," Obama said, adding that he was making Leno the U.S. ambassador to Antarctica. "Hope you have a warm coat, funnyman." Barack O'bama