P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

27 July 2013

Roped In! and Totally Hooked!

  
The Coast of Maine is one of the spots I breathe best.  As a New England Girl from head to toe I try hard not to miss a chance to be where the world is "the way life should be".


 So whenever I am meandering through the small towns from York Harbor to Bar Harbor I am always on the lookout for Made in Maine that I can carry with me or wear throughout the days when I can't be by the coast.  This trip I literally stopped in my tracks... while hopping through Bath I spotted the ultimate Maine wrist candy in the window of Springer's Jewelers.  Springer's is over 140 years old and features classic gracious jewelry in a charming old mercantile shop along Front St (they also have locations in Portland and Portsmouth NH)... there in the window were colorful and happy pieces that roped me in and hooked me at hello! 


The ROPES are made from genuine nautical rope and hardware that instantly say Hi, I'm from Maine and put me on your wrist NOW!  :)  Nautical classic, traditional, but totally on style.  Handmade in Maine from the real stuff--fisherman's ropes and hardware, appropriately named lobster claw hooks pull them together.  Designed by Maine native and RISD grad Shana Aldrich Ready, these sea worthy styles come in a rainbow of colors and widths including multi-strands and necklaces all named from favorite port towns such as Cape Elizabeth, Portland and Kennebunkport.


The ROPES are at home in any boating spot or with any summer style, but you don't have to be bobbing along to wear them--you just have to want to be by the sea-even if it is only when you look down at your wrist.