P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

13 July 2013

Paris- "Always a Good Idea!"



“A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.”
-Thomas Jefferson

One of my favorite daydreaming past times is prepping travel plans.  I spend countless hours researching the perfect locales, hotel hunting is a passion and creating "must visit" itineraries never gets old.


The Hotel Plaza Athenee Paris via

 Of course most of these carefully and lovingly prepared personal travel guides lie waiting  for the bags to be packed... but there they are in neat happy colored file folders for when "whenever" comes...


Even without airline tickets booked or days circled on the calendar, whenever my day gets away from me and I need to be elsewhere I can always pick up my voluminous travel notebooks and float off  into "where to go land".


 Carnavelet Museum via

I can plot my travels anytime, anywhere, whenever the mood hits and the inspiration can be anything. Usually my travel fantasies fly to Tuscany or the Italian coast but this week wherever I turn ,just in time for Bastille Day, I see Paris!



Striped Ts are stacked on my closet shelves and images of Parisian style, gardens and architecture fill my Tumblr queue.

 Paris Themed Toms via


My movie lists are also feeling the joie with classics that celebrate  Paris and the  Romance of the quintessential European city:

An American in Paris

Midnight in Paris
An American in Paris
A Little Romance
Funny Face
Charade
Sabrina
How to Steal a Million
Forget Paris
Paris When it Sizzles
French Kiss
Julie and Julia

Before Sunset
Mrs. Arris Goes to Paris
The Red Balloon

Funny Face

This probably all started with Eloisa James' wonderful memoir of her family's year in Paris-Paris in Love.


If you can't hop a plane curl up with a joy of a read! Here are some of my favorite Go To spots for tout Francais et Paris-So don your Dior, go hop Les Bateaux Mouche,  indulge in a taste of Laduree , wrap yourself in Hermes, get lost at the Louvre, walk in Coco's, dance along the Seine and fall in love because as Audrey said..."Paris is always a good idea!"


Vicki Archer's French Essence Blog
Vicki Archer, French Essence
Ina Garten,  Barefoot in Paris
Julia Child,  My Life in France
Ines de la Fressange,  Parisian Chic
Jennifer Scott, Lessons from Madame Chic
Dorie Greenspan, Around My French Table
Charles Faudreee, Home 
Peter Mayle, A Year in Provence 
Pierre Deux's French Country 
Vicki Archer, My French Life