P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

04 February 2013

Sometimes You Just Have to FORCE It!


Here in the Northeast we have had a fairly easy winter so far-nothing like the nearly 72 inches of snow in just 30 days! that we had two years ago. I love snow,nothing is as beautiful as a fresh fluffy coating of frosting... so I wouldn't mind a few inches. At least for a day the winter world is dressed in style.  With the exception of a couple of crazy warm days we have had days of wind swept cold.  Cold without snow just means everything looks ugly while it is frozen solid-including me :)


 Even though it is just the first week of February I want some Spring - NOW!  So, all over the house I have been forcing Spring as best I can in baskets and pots, and cachepots- There are Hyacinth, Amarylis, Baby Iris ,and even Lavender seeds beginning to sprout...all hopeful signs.  The first ones to pop, filling the house with their strong distinctive scent, are my Paper Whites...tall and present and exactly the visitors I need, albeit too brief, to welcome me back home after unwrapping scarves and tossing the gloves and puffy coats.  I know they won't stay as long as I would like but at least as the days grow brighter they remind me that spring training isn't the only sign that it is not all that much longer til we all thaw.


...and by the way-did you know February is National Bird Feeding Month? 



Love this frozen dinner- filled  with cranberries, kumquats, citrus slices with  white polished stones and pepperberries for decoration.