P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

07 January 2012

Pillow Talk-John Robshaw

“By producing my textiles abroad, I get to become a minor character in the lives of the people I work with, and I can take inspiration from what I see and do there. I go to their weddings, celebrate their festivals, I get sick with them, I develop relationships with the people who are teaching me. When you look at my textiles, its like you’ve been on the world tour along with me.” John Robshaw

I adore a room filled with fabulous pillows--Pillows as comfort we all know about but pillows as design and art can help define a room.


I first saw John Robshaw's fabrics at Calypso St. Barth and immediately wanted to pack my bags to discover the inspiration for the crisp colors and bold prints. It is John Robshaw's  painted pillows, however, that I want to collect like jewels and toss on any drab chair or sofa I encounter.

The painted pillows are inspired by his travels to India and Asia, where he now produces his fabulous block print textiles, are just the type of pillow tosss I love. Each is pillow is handpainted in Jaipur on cotton linen fabric and no two are alike.


Hop on your favorite elephant and Come Visit A Well Appointed Life for more of John Robshaw's Pillow Talk.