P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

09 April 2011

Put on a Pansy Face

Since the beginning of February I have been staring out the windows of Camp MP watching and waiting for the piles of snow and ice to disappear-counting the days for the simplest signs of spring.  In New England, however, if you look for spring and blink you will miss it. For baseball fans the new season is all about Opening Day. This week,however, was not the week any of us were celebrating-in fact we were watching the first pitch at Fenway with our hands over our eyes...just peeking through when the crowd cheered. For the moment all is well at the jewel box on Yawkey Way, but much like the team April in New England is a roller coaster ride. The Boston Marathon has been run in cold, rain, sleet, snow and temperatures in the 90s..so we know to grab spring where we can.  For me there is only one answer to a week when not only spring but my team couldn't seem to get growing...put on a Pansy face!  My Grandmother would make the same comment each year at this time as we put out pansies on her balcony..."they just smile at me everyday"  Even though I was bundled up as I roamed the aisles of the nursery loading my cart with trays of color just having the happy faces smiling up at me made a forgettable April week better!