P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

05 March 2011

A Knitter's Garden-Solveig Hisdal for Oleana

Somewhere underneath all the ice and dirty snow is my once lovely garden...though temperatures may rise this weekend I am beginning to think I will never see my hydrangeas and boxwoods again.  The answer for the March malaise--knit myself a garden!
 For inspiration I look to someone who knows a bit about long winters-Norwegian designer Solveig Hisdal and her glorious colorful collection for Norwegian knitwear and textile company Oleana. 

Most of Oleana's gorgeous knitwear is machine made but Solveig Hisdal's book Poetry in Stitches has made it possible for knitter's to bring her gardens to our needles...Come Visit Winding Yarn
Picking colors and Casting on Spring!