P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

02 January 2012

Make it a Fashionable Start!

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. ~Ellen Goodman

What a strange week the first week of the New Year is! You have to plug your brain back in from months of Holidaying and deal with all that you said would get done "After the Holidays".  January means literally tossing the old year in the trash. I sent 2011 and all those days of appointments and meetings and the "everyday" into the recycle bin. With the 2011 datebooks and calendars gone so is another year of my life and I cannot help asking..."What did I do with all those 365 days I was given?" "What can I do with a fresh batch of days, how can this year be different?"  Hitting the restart button on your life is the definition of the month of January. January itself doesn't help much! It is cold, it is bleak, it is snowing, it is icy ...The news can scare us back into our pajamas, and rather than a revolution in our life we just need a hug! How to balance the opportunity of the New Year with the inclination to stay under the covers???  Baby Steps! January can actually be useful, but you cannot ask too much of a month that is the month with the number 1 in front of it, so use these days to make an EASY transition...and try to do it with style!


I love calendar shopping...I often don't know what day of the week it is as schedules pile up and the blur begins but  I can stop, breathe and look at it all one day at a time, week at a time, month by month and realize OK, I have my bearings-now move forward!  Of course Calendars with Style are on my wall ---Come Visit The Shopping Bag Chronicles for Calendars that help slip into 2012 with a fashionably well dressed look at a whole new year! You have 365 days after all to get it right...Happy New Year!