P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

21 November 2010

Just Tickled to say -Happy Birthday Elmo!

Sorry Sweet Elmo, I am a little late sending you Happy Birthday Greetings---My favorite fuzzy Muppet turned 25 years young on November 18. Yes, he is a bit mangy and unkempt looking at times (part of his charm) but it is interesting that Elmo's Birthday coincided with People Magazine's annual Sexiest Men Issue--their 25th as well.  Though I don't argue with their choice of Ryan Reynolds I did wonder where my Elmo was??  He has after all starred with the likes of Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman and First Lady Michelle Obama, been featured in a fashion spread in Harper's Bazaar, and even has had a bit of scandal with singer Katy Perry...and of course there is his friendship with the magical Abby Cadabby.


















 Though Elmo has lived on sesame Street since 1979 he was just a bit player until he established a relationship with puppeteer Kevin Clash and who brought out Elmo's sunny giggly personality and the rest is history.  Elmo is a staple in every toy box and is perhaps the Muppet that has become the face of Sesame Street.

Happy Birthday Elmo--may you keep us smiling and singing on for many more years...Here is one of my favorite Elmo moments with Andrea Bocelli-Bedtime for Elmo