P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

13 November 2010

Ina Makes It Easy!

This week was filled with dreary!! days and 3:30 started to feel like bedtime!  As the days grow bleak and the colors start to turn to yuck...I guess it is finally time to come inside... and find my kitchen again!

 I think Fall and Winter are the best kitchen seasons---is there anything better than crisp days outside and warm cinnamon days inside?  Apples, spices, squash, a little caramel...Yum!

Ina Garten's Pumpkin Cupcakes

I admit to not paying a whole lot of attention to my kitchen of late--I tend to walk through on the way somewhere else...November,however, is the perfect time to dust off the pans and baking sheets...and Ina makes it easy!  The Barefoot Contessa has a new book-reason enough to celebrate!


I am a cookbook lover, a passionate Recipe Reader, even when I don't have time to reach for the measuring spoons. One of my all time favorite kitchen muses is Ina Garten, aka The Barefoot Contessa.   Ina defines "gracious comfort" and  it is tempting to just curl up with her books,become transported to her home and table and spend a lovely afternoon in Ina's kitchen!
One of the many  things I love about Ina Garten is that she embraces you, takes you by the hand and invites you into her comfy Hampton's lifestyle-no stress, nothing intimidating, just a warm friendly visit in one of the country's yummiest kitchens. Ina's new book is filled with her signature easy elegance- recipes that are all about the flavor and nothing about fuss-- whether it is a dinner party or supper for two by the fire Ina makes it easy!  Come Visit Oven Mitts