P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

12 December 2009

Window Shopping-The Holiday Windows 2009

Bergdorf Goodman

Presents are not the only boxes we open this time of year. I think everyone has boxes filled with memories that sit on the shelves in our heads waiting for us to reach for them during this season.

Macy's

Sometimes a house all lit and twinkling will open the boxes, or the smell of cookies cooling on a rack or the sound of a favorite carol. For me, no surprise, it is the decoration, style and design of the holidays-- frosty white ornaments, white branches and teeny white lights on everything! Some of my favorite memories that arrive special delivery this time of year are the sights and sounds of holiday store windows.

Bergdorf Goodman

Perhaps because I was fortunate to grow up in a time without the consistent barrage of noise and texting, video games and get it now technology, that I treasure the memory of the joy and wonder of seeing a simple window come to life in a magical way...probably no big deal to kids of the new millennium but I hope they still can still be enchanted.

Bergdorf Goodman

Holiday windows of course are not just for kids especially in New York where the "competition" between stores can get serious....Come Visit The Shopping Bag Chronicles...Happy Window Shopping!!