P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

19 August 2009

Are You IN? Project Runway is Making it Work on Lifetime

We all have our TV guilty pleasures and mine is Project Runway. I will not miss an episode and in its absence have re-watched all 5 seasons on DVD. I sit in judgement beside Michael Kors and Nina Garcia(now of Marie Claire). I shake my head along with Tim Gunn and tell the designers to lose the trim, lift the hem, add a pleat and "Make it Work". I declare when a designer should be OUT, throw a stiletto at the screen when a talented designer blows a challenge, and I wish them Aufedersein along with Heidi Klum.

Christian's Avant Garde Challenge Winner

I love the fashion, I love the challenges-a favorite was the Hershey Store, Rami's Candy Wrapper Dress

I love the surprise of seeing a designer pull out all the seams and wow the judges, I love seeing a talented designer who Really wants it show their best, I love the drama of couture- I have missed Project Runway!


Jillian's Couture Challenge Winner

As you know in fashion, "one day you are in and the next day you're out!" and it seemed for months that Project Runway might be out. After a year long court battle over who would get to own the airing of the series, Project Runway returns tonight, no longer on Bravo and no longer in New York. The new Project Runway airs on Lifetime, a network that could use good style something "Fierce", and is set in LA. Will the show lose its New York edge and go Hollywood? Apparently most of the series will maintain its familiar "pattern" but now it is Garnier not TRESemme and Macy's not Bluefly.com who sponsor the styling. As judge Nina Garcia is now with Marie Claire, Elle Magazine is no longer the showcase publication. Mood Fabric even opened a temporary LA shop for Runway and instead of Parsons the sewing base camp is The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. Being in LA means more celebrities including a rumoured visit by Nicole Kidman??? The plan is that Runway will alternate between New York and LA each season.

Opening night on the Runway will include a 2 hour reunion competition with past designers and the premier of Project Runway's spin-off Models of the Runway...Count me IN!