P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

26 July 2009

A Mid Summer's Knit Dream-Confessions of a Knitter's Season


Medano Beach,Heidi Kirrmaier


A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing
at the car, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was
knitting!
Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the
trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, "PULL
OVER!"
"NO!" the blonde yelled back, "IT'S A SCARF!"

I dream in skeins of yarn. Knitting patterns dance in my head while I go about my day...they tap me on the shoulder in the middle of emails and meetings telling me to shorten the sleeve, knit in alpaca, use two strands... 24-7 I am a KNITTER. I have been known to fall asleep with a skein of yarn by my side, a knitting needle in my hair and a pile of patterns under my feet.

The knitting needles Never Rest, even in the Summer, but in the summertime I do approach my knitting a bit differently. The projects are quicker, smaller, leisurely, easy on the brain cells-perfect for kick off your shoes, put up your feet, grab a cool drink, a good book just and sit and knit! Come Visit Winding Yarn for a Summer's Knit Dream


Anacapa, Kendra Nitta from Knitting in the Sun. Kristi Porter