P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

18 January 2009

Inaugurating Pride

"...What gives me that hope is what I see when I look out across this mall. For in these monuments are chiseled those unlikely stories that affirm our unyielding faith - a faith that anything is possible in America. . ..And yet, as I stand here tonight, what gives me the greatest hope of all is not the stone and marble that surrounds us today, but what fills the spaces in between. It is you - Americans of every race and region and station who came here because you believe in what this country can be and because you want to help us get there... never forget that the true character of our nation is revealed not during times of comfort and ease, but by the right we do when the moment is hard. I ask you to help me reveal that character once more, and together, we can carry forward as one nation, and one people, the legacy of our forefathers that we celebrate today."


If you watched any coverage of this weekend's kickoff to the Inauguration you had to have seen the kids of Ron Clark Academy. They are singing their "Dear Obama" anthem everywhere! Their faces for me the definition of Joy... and, yes, Hope and Change... They believe in the promise this time holds and most importantly they believe in themselves... and I believe in them!



Align LeftWatching the kids of Ron Clark Academy and listening to their words of thanks and enthusiasm I began to understand what has been missing from every other Presidential inauguration I can remember-Pride. Come Visit Political Woman


This is a letter to Barack Obama…it’s our way of saying thank you.

Thank you for showing me that no doors are closed.

I have the power to control my own future.

Thank you for showing me that I can stand tall and be proud of who I am.

You have given us strength, courage, and hope

And for that we all say Thank You!...
And today is a new day where we can all see a new hope for our country...

And we know that along your journey, people said mean things to you and about you. But you never gave up and that gives us the strength to never give up. You are more than a President. You are a role model, a father figure, and a man we can all look up to, and for that we say Thank You.

Dear Obama ...You’ve broken down doors

No limits anymore

We all agree that Yes We Can

Sincerely, every child, every family, everyone…

Barack Obama – We Thank You!


RonClark Academy Kids