P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

29 December 2008

Centennial

sometimes when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.
- lamartine


My family has suffered far too many losses in recent years. It is often very hard to swallow the world without the ones I love close by, none more so than my Grandmother.

Nana was the harbor that we all sailed toward. She was the force, and quite a force it was, that instilled a sense of belonging,commanded attention and kept the string of connection tied tightly to her.

It will be four years this coming April that we lost her. At 96 you should be accepting and grateful for such an amazing lifetime. It will tell you a great deal about her presence to say that anyone who knew her was thrown by her loss. None of us could really imagine that there would be a time when she would not be here to direct us all. Without her we have been cast adrift. There is no longer a center point, a guiding light, a command post. She captained all of our lives and planted an NPS in me (Nana Positioning System) that makes me stop and ask WWNS-What would Nana Say? I know she would have a lot to say!

This month would have been her 100th birthday and she would have expected a party! Please visit Dealing Old Maid, and celebrate my Nana on her centennial birthday.

Some people care too much, I think it's called love.
-- Winnie the Pooh