P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

12 November 2008

Go Bare!-The Promise of Peonies

I know I should be thinking pumpkin pie, squash and cranberries but I look out the greenhouse window and I see my poor hydrangeas who have finally given in to November. I will go clip them back, leave some dried on the stems for the winter garden, and tuck them in for the winter, but I am delaying saying "so long". The white roses of Camp Moneypit have not given in just yet but their time is near as well, they know it and, sigh, so do I.

Knowing I was going through my annual "I miss my garden" mood, a good friend sent me a "cheer up" email. She knows me well and this email had two of the best mood changers-Peonies! and a Sale! Come Visit Down the Garden Path.