P.S.-Pooh Says...

"What day is it? - 'It's today' - squeaked Piglet. 'My favourite day' - said Pooh."- A.A. Milne

21 October 2008

Silent Stories, The Photographs of Richard Avedon and Yousuf Karsh

Yousuf Karsh


"The endless fascination of these people for me lies in what I call their inward power. It is part of the elusive secret that hides in everyone, and it has been my life's work to try to capture it on film. Yousuf Karsh


We live in a media crazed time. Images and sound bites and noise come flying from every corner-especially now. So much gets lost in the frenetic pace of how news is now delivered. There is no time to reflect, no space to understand, no moment to just stop and see. I need the still , the quiet, the contemplative style that only a single image can give you. The work of Richard Avedon and Yousuf Karsh would be welcome to this moment in time. A new book and a celebratory exhibit are good places to escape for a bit. Please visit Applause!

Richard Avedon